Bring students to your workplace!
The NTC bring groups of students to local businesses & college campuses to learn more about careers and education in the field of technology. Over the past year, we’ve sent more than 800 students out into the industry. We’re looking for companies who want to invest in the students who will become tomorrow’s technology talent for Middle Tennessee, as well as their teachers so they can gain a better understanding of the content they are teaching and how it relates back to the industry.
Have questions? Please contact Dominique Butts.
Traveling Tech Day Spring 2019 is March 28!
WHAT AM I COMMITTING TO?
- For approximately 60 – 75 minutes, your company can provide groups of 20 students with an over-the-shoulder glimpse of what you do, the technology you use, and have the option to challenge and engage with a hands-on activity.
- Short, high interest presentation that provide as much time for individual or small-group interaction as possible. Discuss education opportunities, the work & education history of employees, mentor lessons, how teachers can implement technology in a classroom setting, etc.
- Hands-on activities are highly encouraged for student groups. Examples include teleconferencing, robots, 3D printers, etc.
WHY SHOULD I DO THIS?
- Let students see what kinds of skills and experience are needed to prepare for your line of work.
- Help students think about the details of your work (i.e. what coding language you use, software, tech infrastructure, vocabulary, etc.) and a future they can start working toward now.
- Help the teachers gain a better understanding of what you do so they can align their lesson plans around these careers and better prepare students for jobs.
WHAT TIME WILL THE STUDENTS ARRIVE AND LEAVE MY OFFICE?
- The typical field trips will be from 10:00am-1:00pm (bus travel time dependent). Each group will spend approximately 60 – 75 minutes at each company with extra time allotted to lunch at one of the sites.