Bring students & teachers to your workplace!
To register, fill out the form at the bottom of this page
The NTC is bringing groups of students and teachers to local businesses & college campuses to learn more about careers and education in the field of technology. Over the past year, we’ve sent more than 400 students out into the industry. We have four different groups looking to tour businesses between the months of April – July and we need your help!
We’re looking for companies who want to invest in the students who will become tomorrow’s technology talent for Middle Tennessee, as well as their teachers so they can gain a better understanding of the content they are teaching and how it relates back to the industry. Please review dates & groups below and sign up in the form at the bottom of this page.
Have questions? Please contact Erin Whitaker.
WHAT AM I COMMITTING TO?
- For approximately 45-60 minutes, your company can provide groups of 15-20 students and/or teachers with an over-the-shoulder glimpse of what you do, the technology you use, and have the option to challenge and engage with a hands-on activity.
- Short, high interest presentation that provide as much time for individual or small-group interaction as possible. Discuss education opportunities, the work & education history of employees, mentor lessons, how teachers can implement technology in a classroom setting, etc.
- Hands-on activities are highly encouraged for student groups. Examples include teleconferencing, robots, 3D printers, etc.
WHY SHOULD I DO THIS?
- Let students and teachers see what kinds of skills and experience are needed to prepare for your line of work.
- Help students think about the details of your work (i.e. what coding language you use, software, tech infrastructure, vocabulary, etc.) and a future they can start working toward now.
- Help teachers gain a better understanding of what you do so they can align their lesson plans around these careers and better prepare students for jobs.
WHAT TIME WILL THE STUDENTS & TEACHERS ARRIVE AND LEAVE MY OFFICE?
- The typical field trips will be from 9:00 am-1:00pm for students, and 9:00 am-4:00pm for teachers. Each group will spend approximately one hour at each company with extra time allotted to lunch at one of the sites. Time options are shown in the form below, so please check each group for specific times.
Groups & Dates
High School Students (MNPS & WCS) Tuesday, April 18th and Wednesday, April 19th Up to 20 students in each group 9:00am – 1:00pm
- NTC Summer Long Code Camp Participants
- The NTC is partnering with several organizations to host both an 8-week camp, as well as a 7-week camp, that include both soft skill & technical learning. These camps target at-risk youth that have expressed an interest in technology
- 8-week camp participants: every Friday starting the week of June 5 through July 21
- 7-week camp participants: every Thursday starting the week of June 5 through July 13
- 25 students & 3 supervisors
- 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Clarksville-Montgomery County School System Teachers / Metro Nashville Public School System Teachers
- Teachers in the CMCSS & MNPS districts are looking to experience hands-on the industries they teach during their in-service summer
- Wednesday, June 7
- Up to 20 teachers
- 9:00am -3:00pm
- Department of Education Career & Technical Education Teachers
- The DOE is looking to provide their CTE teachers and administrators with the opportunity to go behind the scenes of industries they teach in order to have a deeper knowledge of the content and how it relates back to local industries
- Monday, July 17 and Thursday, July 20
- Up to 20 teachers
- 9:00am – 3:00pm