NTC- Tech Talent Programs K-12 copy
To serve the Middle Tennessee tech community and extend computer science and STEM pathways to rural counties in Tennessee, the Nashville Technology Council has developed an extensive lineup of opportunities to serve our future tech workforce.
We don’t simply want to fill a workforce gap, or provide a temporary fix to a resource problem. Instead, the Greater Nashville Technology Council strives to facilitate a true investment in technology talent that reverberates throughout Middle Tennessee for years to come.
Our programming typically follows the school calendar year, but many resources are evergreen. Please email [email protected] with questions.
PROGRAMS & TIMEFRAME
- Hour of Code
- Every December, join millions of students around in the world in a coding challenge
- Micro-Learning Experiences
- Immersive learning opportunities to connect the classroom to projects and partners and engage in real world experiences.
- Fall and spring semesters.
- Shark Tank
- Starting in the fall, students develop a technology product to solve a community problem, with an NTC coach walking students through the product life cycle process.
- Finals and prizes at our in-person pitch at Tech Hill Commons in February.
- Speaker Series
- Ongoing bridge between the classroom and the workforce. Schedule a speaker at any time.
- Traveling Tech Days
- Field trips for middle & high school students to visit local businesses & college campuses to learn more about incredible careers and education opportunities in technology.
- Bi-Annual visits in September and February.
- Tech Education Workshop
- One day meeting for Nashville education and tech leaders to plan for the future of the workforce together.
- Upcoming event: October 25, 2022
- Video Resources: (ongoing)
- Speaker Series: Recordings of our past classroom speakers
- Tech Career Library: TikTok and YouTube Channels with professionals sharing their tech story in 90 seconds or less
- Job Shadows
- Short micro-learning experiences for more detailed career exploration on YouTube
- Included: Free resources for career practice
- Free Resources: More tech tools at your fingertips!