K-12 EducationCopy of T3 LOGOS- TECH ED SUMMIT LOGOS (2000 × 800 mm)
Meta’s Engineer for the Week
Great opportunity for FREE instruction for students ages 11-18 to learn coding and game development. This program is designed and sponsored by Meta’s Engineer for the Week program and taught live, online by Create & Learn, an award-winning kid education program.
Learn more and sign up HERE or contact email@example.com to arrange your own private group classes. We would particularly like to encourage historically underrepresented learners in STEM who identify as Black, LatinX, Native/Indigenous, and Female-Identifying to participate.
Organizations, parents, or teachers can schedule classes dedicated to their students as part of the school day or after-school programs.
Join today to learn, have fun, and discover a great career path!
- Ready-made curriculum: launch and learn!
- Canvas Commons outlines the program with 6-course segments to be used individually or as a complete course
Khan Academy is a nonprofit that provides online learning by offering for free: a daily lesson plan for students, a library of video lessons, practice exercises, quizzes and tests – covering kindergarten through early college math, grammar, science, history, AP courses, SAT preparation and more: www.khanacademy.org
Be sure to check out Bill Gates’s faves on Khan Academy
- Intro to HTML/CSS: Making Webpages
- Intro to JS: Drawing and Animation
- Advanced JS: Games and Visualizations
- Advanced JS: Natural Simulations
- Intro to SQL
- HTML/JS: Making Webpages Interactive
At code.org, you can continue to learn at home while schools are closed. Try out fun computer science tutorials, watch videos about computer science concepts, and even build your own projects! Get started here: www.code.org
Scratch was developed by MIT Media Lab for ages 8 – 16. It is a free tool to teach how to program interactive stories, games and animations: https://scratch.mit.edu
Designed by Apple for the iPad, kids solve interactive puzzles in the guided “Learn to Code” lessons to master the basics of coding or experiment with a wide range of challenges that let users explore many unique coding experiences: https://www.apple.com/swift/playgrounds
Amazon- Free Coding
Disney and Kennedy Space Center adding free online activities
Praxent – Free Coding Games
Project management software for students helps them stay on top of coursework and collaborate on group projects. Wrike’s online collaboration tools for students are totally free.
learn about tech jobs
Nepris connects education with a vast network of industry professionals to engage students in learning. The tools used to engage students are: industry video library, research/compare careers information, live virtual chats with professionals and the ability to schedule a guest speaker for your classroom. Now through April, Nepris’ will offer “Live Virtual Industry Chats” and their entire video library for free to engage students that are affected by school closures: https://nepris.com
TECH LEARNING FOR A FEE
CodeAdvantage is offering online learning of coding fundamentals of software/web development and game design for Grades 2-8. CodeAdvantage is currently offering special pricing for weekly classes, starting at $185: https://codeadvantage.org
GET HELP WITH SCHOOL WORK!
TNVA: Tennessee Virtual Academy. TNVA is a nonprofit public school offering free, full-time online learning for students in grades K–8. TNVA follows all state standards and requirements and uses TN certified teachers who provide instruction and support. https://tnva.k12.com
Big Universe: A digital platform that offers students in grades K-12 free access to over 17,000+ eBooks. These eBooks cover a wide variety of topics from science, math, technology, social studies and language arts. www.biguniverse.com
Infosys: Infosys Foundation in the US will open up their learning platform for teachers, so they can continue to school their students from home. https://www.infosys.com/newsroom/features/2020/covid-19-update.html
STRIDE: A game-based online learning system for grades K-8 in math, language arts, reading and science. Short-form games deliver motivation, engagement, adding fun to learning. K12 will be offering the STRIDE learning system free through June 30, 2020. https://www.k12courses.com
- Offering free public wi-fi for 60 days.
- Offering free public wi-fi for 60 days.
- Charter Communications/Spectrum
- Offering free broadband for households with students through college age who do not already have a subscription. https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/coronavirus-internet-offer-students
- Offering free public wi-fi for 60 days. https://www.spectrum.com/wifi-hotspots.html
- To enroll in free Charter wi-fi for 60 days, call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived.
- If your family receives benefits such as free and reduced lunch, you may qualify for a reduced cost account. https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/spectrum-internet-assist
- Comcast Xfinity
- The Comcast Internet Essentials Program offers two months of free in-home internet to new customers. https://www.internetessentials.com/
- Offering free public wi-fi. Just select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots.
Data Science Prep Course: An online course that is self-paced, developing the foundation Python and statistics skills that you will need in order to get into any Data Science immersive bootcamp. This is a free preparatory learning that will give you access to a Slack channel full of other learners. https://www.galvanize.com/data-science/prep
Treehouse: Job-ready program designed to educate adults in IT field: https://teamtreehouse.com
Code Academy: Career Paths that teach the core skills of Computer Science, Data Science, and Web Development, as well as Skill Paths focused on more specialized, shorter-term goals: https://codeacademy.com