To provide opportunities for connection, learning, growth and outreach to our fellow media technology community members.
To develop and maintain a peer network of media technology professionals in the greater Nashville area. The peer group will collaboratively develop peer to peer education, communicate career opportunities and provide value to area companies employing media technology professionals.
Media technology professionals are employed in a wide array of industries and businesses. Below are just a few examples of roles or where our peer group will work, however all are welcome to join the group.
- Software engineers and developers in media related roles
- Hardware engineers and technicians in media related roles
- Radio and TV Broadcasting technology professionals
- Live sound, and lighting
- Audio and video production, post production
- Music tracking, mixing and mastering
- Photographers and Cinematographers for Print, Television, Motion Picture, Social Media and other media outlets.
- Graphic designers
- Media application developers
- Editors for Television, Motion Picture, Social Media
- Directors, producers, and support teams creating media for Television, Motion Picture, Social Media
- Advertising technology professionals (Adtech)
Develop the peer network through:
- Networking, education and social events
- Creating a slack channel for peer communications
- Work with NTC companies that want to communicate to or help develop the group
- Use a local event or national trade show such as NAMM to highlight NTC and Nashville as a media technology city.
Support training through:
- Peer to Peer sharing of expertise
- Guest speakers discussing their application of Media Technology in their business
- Companies providing demonstration and training of media technology products and services
- Open topic discussion of media technology trends and their application
Media Technology Group Planning Committee
- Rob Carroll, Dolby
- Markeith Braden, Personal Brand Strategist | Podcast Host | Speaker
- Ron Romano, Belmont University
- Dave Warburton, Belmont University
- Trevor Hinesley, Soundstripe