Before the holidays, the NTC hosted a discussion on the Let’s Move Nashville transit proposal. It was an opportunity for Nashville’s tech community to gather to talk about the tech perspective on transit.
The NTC is a member of the Transit for Nashville Coalition. We believe now is the time for Nashville to address its transit challenge and we encourage our members to sign the petition to show your support, too. Together, let’s put transit funding on the ballot and move our region forward, for all of us.
If you missed the December 19th discussion, below we’ve included sketch notes by Ayumi Bennett of Startup Southerner and live stream video of the panel. We were fortunate to have industry and policy leaders talk about our region’s transit challenges, including:
- Steve Bland – Chief Executive Officer, Nashville MTA
- Corey Ershow – Transportation Policy Manager, Lyft
- Erin Hafkenschiel – Director, Mayor’s Office of Transportation and Sustainability
- Tommy Lewis – Senior Vice President, Change Healthcare
- Hon. Nancy VanReece – District 8 Council Member, Metropolitan Council of Nashville and Davidson County
Dan Hogan, Executive Chairman at Medalogix, lead the conversation and asked the hard questions. The attendees were prepared as well with their thoughts.
Learn more about this important issue by watching the video and reading the notes below, then go sign the petition. Important votes will be coming to Metro City Council soon, now is the time to show our support.